Saturday 7 August 2010

This past week

Michael left not long ago after removing something from the computer and it seems that now Skype works. I wonder, will know when someone tries to connect.
John accompanied me to Mossman Monday to the talk on Kew Gardens in London and the Keukenhoff Gardens in Holland. The slides with commentary were interesting and I enjoyed it, though John did not. Flowers are not his thing.

Tuesday at the Dendy in the Quay, Margaret and I saw two Australian movies - The Waiting City - made in India and the other South Sokiary filmed in Victoria mainly at Nelson Lighthouse. Both were excellent.

At my computer lesson on Wed. on Fontwork went well but when I came home and tried it on Openoffice I wasnt too successful. I think I need some more patience and a bit of practice.

Thursday was garden day but only for a couple of hours while the sun was out. The raspberries need help and will look at them again on Tuesday. I have forgotton how messy the chooks are and the gate to the veg. garden must be closed.

Yesterday the 12 km walk from Bardwell Park to Campsie was great as the weather was nice and there were only 13 people which is an easier number to manager. Kay lead the group and I walked last to make sure no one got lost. I was less sore and did some stretches after the walk.

Alan came up from Melbourne last night and they are both at the football - Hawks and S. Swans - as I write. I just hope the right team won.


No comments: