Sunday 15 August 2010

On the go

Alan left after a couple of days stay and so it was back to things to do. John started a new job so it was a 6am wake up for him but I slept in a bit till I headed off to Mosman for the lecture on Australian Gardens. It was a good morning but wish it was on more normal gardens than the extremes shown. I attended the diabeties group evening meeting where food was discussed.
Because it rained on Tuesday John stayed home and here I caught him napping on the back verandah.


At the computer lesson, I started on the spreadsheet program in excel and found it interesting. At the library, Harry Dillon, an author, spoke on his book of Govenor Macquarie which is going to lead to the talk and display at the Mitchell Library in a month's time on Macquarie, as it 200 years since he governed Sydney.



I caught the train to Cronulla for the meeing of new members of U3A but before I went to the meeting I walked down to the beach. What a surf, apparently it was the wildest in quite a while.
Two live shows in one day - Gwen in Purgatory at the Belvoir Street Theatre and then in the evening Bjorn Again at the State. The play was on old age and many found it very funny but we didnt as it looked more like reality thats not far away. As we both like Abba, this live music show got us up moving and singing to the music. I must admit it was a long day so slept in till late.
r
Hawthorn won today and here you can see a happy John with the scores on the screen. The other photo is my next project, the wool for John's vest. The instructions given to me were a black plain sleeveless vest please.

No comments: