Sunday 11 July 2010

Caught in the Rain






On Thursday John and I went to the movies and saw - I am Love and Farewell. Both so different but we didn't rate either of them well.
Friday was the circuit around Manly dam after crossing the dam wall through woodlands, heaths and wetlands. Well, that's what was supposed to be, but not only did we get lost but it began to bucket down in the middle of lost nowhere. Eventually we reached road and walked back to a bus stop which took us into QVB. I was hungry and had very wet feet so I went directly home. Only some of the other stayed to have the usual coffee after walk.
I decided no more wet feet and John took me to Ray's outdoors where a pair of good walking boots and a waterproof jacket was bought. Now as a girl guide would be - I am prepared.
Today, between showers, I planted out two asparagus plants which will take 2/3 years before spears can be picked for eating. They went in next to the rhubarb plant and just hope they will be good companions as they will live in their positions for some time. They say an asparagus plant can live 30 years.

No comments: