Sunday 9 October 2011


It took 2 hours, 2 buses, 1 train and a ferry ride to get to Lovett Bay which is in Pittwater.  After morning tea, we started the climb to the top of the point and you can see Ann and I with the spectular view in the background.  The climb up was hard but the WORST was the leeches.  I was lucky as I had on my thick bamboo socks and walking boots but they attached to anything, jumpers,trousers etc.  At the top we have everyone removing shoes and rolling up trousers and even the packbacks had to be checked as one got into the actual clip .  The trip back down, we made it in half the time with only a few attached to us.  The ferry took us back to Church Point and then the bus to Narrabeen.  At the Narrabeen lake we had coffee to recover from our adventure and then home.  This is Not a walk I will do again. 

No comments: