Sunday 19 June 2011



My first walk as leader went off well with no problems.  The weather was good for walking and the 9 ks from Abbottsford to Cabarita just slipped away.  I am to lead another walk in mid July from Many to North Head and this too requires a prewalk.
The gardners gathered here on Saturday and there were 7 of us, talking not just on gardening, but lots of other topics.  I bought a couple of specially designed bags to grow potatoes in compost, which can be harvested by opening a flap at the front.  Someone else will grow potatoes in a no dig garden and then another person said they would put them in the ground.  We will see which way is best.  I'm going to go halves with Graham in a deal by Diggers and we will have quite a variety to plant.  I probably will put some in the gound too as there will be 6 different varieties.    

No comments: