Sunday 28 November 2010

Cockatiel's nesting box

The week started well with the Probus meeting at which the speaker gave a talk on how to tell a joke. Unfortunately it was just an hour of her jokes and now I dont remember any. There is an art in telling them which I dont have.
John worked three days, so it was pleasant to potter about, mainly in the garden. But mid week I took out the cockatiel's nesting box and pulled something in my back. Since then I have not done anything, I even had to cancel my Friday walk about the harbour. It was one I had been looking forward to. John and I will do the walk ourselves by catching the ferry to Mosman and walking on to Chowder Bay in a few weeks. There were 10 eggs and two dead babies, so I think its rest time for the birds and they can try again next year.
I walked for half an hour this morning but that was too long and so am back to square one.
On Thursday we are going to Culburra for 6 days, then back for the walker's Christmas party and then off to Port Macquarrie for 3 days. Consequently there will be no blog for over two weeks. I wish I had a laptop.

No comments: