Sunday 9 May 2010

A man's work is never done

After going up to the shopping centre to order my new glasses, we drove to Oatley to see where I will meet the walking group people on Friday. On a return home John changed into his best working gear and mowed the lawns.
I went to the library for a computer lesson on the internet and then the next day to the Senior Citizens computer club which will be a weekly lesson on Word and then onto photography.
Wilma has just retired and I was able to spend a day with her here at home. We spent some time on the computer looking up National Archives for information on her arrival in Aust in '51.
Pat and I walked a few miles along Ramsgate beach one morning last week. Now the mornings are getting to chilly for early beach walks.
Listened to Ray Martin speak for an hour on his new book plus some other stories of his life. He was very entertaining.
My most disappointing happening was - I had a cake with 4 candles, matches and was ready to sing Happy Birthday to Lucy but my computer connection in Skype did not work. I think I need a new one.

No comments: