Sunday 23 August 2009

23rd August





Another week has gone with a couple of happenings. Afternoon tea at Louise's yesterday was enjoyed by us all.

I have always wanted a leather jacket and here I am, at long last with my purchase. Its lovely to wear and being calf leather, its soft.

I had an RDO on Wednesday and headed to the Dendy at Circular Quay where I saw Beautiful Kate. It was a very good Aust. movie with Aussie actors and directed by Rachael Ward. It was one of the movies I missed out on seeing at the film festival in June. From the Quay I walked up George Street to Greater Union cinema to see Public Enemy which was completely different from the first movie but still enjoyable.

John is taking the next week off as they are in between jobs and hopes to do bits and pieces about the house. Today was such a wonderful day with almost summer conditions and spent it down the back in the garden. No reading as the weeds had almost taken over, so lots to do. Have put in more tomatoes in another area of the garden and see if the summer crop will produce more that this great one in winter -we haven't had to buy tomatoes this winter.

No comments: